Hot Springs or bust!

For Easter, Chadd and I went to Hot Springs, Arkansas for a mini-vacation. At first I did not want to go because I had so many wedding "things" to do, I hated to leave. But we had an absolute blast and I am so glad I went. I really needed to recharge the batteries.
The races were so much fun! Chadd and I bet money on 8 of the 11 races. We won some, we lost some. We came, we saw, we won two dollars. Not bad for rookies. We learned alot about the different betting tactics: bet to win, bet to place, bet to show. . .exacta, trifecta, superfecta, blah blah blah. I bet on a horse named Dimple Pinch. I just knew it was Dimple Pinch's day. He was going to lead me to the big money. Unfortunately, five other horses beat him to the punch. Maybe next time, Dimple Pinch. 
We also visited the beautiful Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs. We took some great pics! I'm talking gobs and gobs of flowers. But beautiful nonetheless.



We also stayed at this great B&B. The people were so nice and breakfast was wonderful! Um, cinnamon coffee cake. . .droooool. . .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home